Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Blueberry Crisp

I find it rather ironic that my first post is for something that needs to be baked, seeing that I am not a baker, do not like to bake and hate to measure anything. However, it is fitting since it is a recipe handed down to me from a fellow Trooper's Wife! :)
It all began when my husband came home after a long day of training, with a small to-go container filled with what I call "pure blueberry awesomeness!" Apparently he had had this blueberry crisp on several occasions, as it was a staple at these monthly trainings. He eventually couldn't take it anymore and decided to ask for the recipe and figured he would see if some part of me could attempt to make this. He knows my limitations all too well and thankfully loves me just the same when other wives are making homemade goodies and I am bringing home store bought ones! He handed me the recipe and I figured, what the heck, I will give it a try. Well thankfully the recipe was limited to very few ingredients and very limited measuring..it was actually within my baking abilities! So I gave it a try and the end result had me patting myself on back. It was a success...I was successful...and it was "pure blueberry awesomeness!" Try it for yourself, I promise, you won't be disappointed! 




Blueberry Crisp

2 cups of flour
2 cups of sugar
2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
2 eggs
2 pints of blueberries (you can use frozen blueberries during the winter)
1 stick of butter



 Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Mix the first 4 ingredients together with a fork in a large bowl. The mixture will be crumbly. 
Arrange the blueberries on the bottom of a 9 x 11 glass casserole dish. 

I halved the recipe (and used and 8 x 8 pan) in this picture and it still comes out perfect!

Top the blueberries with the crumbly mixture. 
Melt the butter and drizzle on top. 
Sprinkle with cinnamon. 


Bake for 35-40 minutes and enjoy

Pure Blueberry Awesomeness!
 
   




2 comments:

  1. ok, well this must be on the menu for the gathering at the end of the month! How can you pass up pure blueberry awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wish is my command..although there isn't a gluten free thing about it! :)

    ReplyDelete